POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : selecting several thousand lines in pov file : Re: selecting several thousand lines in pov file Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: selecting several thousand lines in pov file
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Sep 2003 08:37:05
Message: <3f685571$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3f6853a2@news.povray.org> , "Steve Shelby" <ssh### [at] rexnetnet>
wrote:

> I tried what you suggested, and it deletes everything else in the pov file
> except for lines 8605 through 17361. Not exactly what I had in mind.

But now you can select *everything* and copy it.  Then undo your actions and
you get what you want.

Really, I don't see why you are so inflexible with this, after all, the
"problem" you have is exactly the same in every other GUI text editor.  And
you got tons of suggestions how to do what you want easily.  If you can
describe how you think this should work without you doing anything, then by
all means, I think we all would like to know!  If not, then just use one of
the many methods suggested and live happily ever after :-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde